Monday, September 10, 2007

Spotlight on West Coast Bojuka Federation President Sifu James! Part1


I started training martial arts around the age of 14. I got into it because I had been mugged several times and had a tendency of being a victim due to past physical abuse and molestation I suffered as a child. My brothers had already been entered into a class taught by my first instructor Mr Dyron Jackson at a community center. His background was strict Shotokan Karate, kickboxing and Wing Chun. When I met him he was investing his time researching Jeet Kune Do and Ninjutsu. He was like a big brother to me as well as a strong mentor due to his strong Muslim background. I was the worst in the class and was always a step behind everyone else, but I wouldn't quit no matter what I was commited to success in the martial arts. Eventually my family ended up moving to Augusta GA during my last year in high school. Despite training for three years with Mr Jackson, there was always a small place in my gut that told me something was still yet to be attained in regards to true protection of myself.

No comments: